This section of the website is designed for wiki-style discussion between SIV participants. To make changes, once you are logged in, click "edit" in the "This Page" pane to the left.
Below are categories for discussion & links to discussion subpages. Feel free to add to these as needed.
Green's function computation General Discussion: Discussion/GreensFunctions
- Individual Green's function Codes:
Zhu and Rivera, 2002 Discussion/ZhuRivera
Discontinuous Galerkin Discussion/DiscontinuousGalerkin
Format for input & output waveforms
- Format for source model
- Use an "ideal" station geometry vs. "realistic" geometry?
- Geometry for strike-slip vs. dip-slip fault
- Number of stations modelers are capable of inverting
- Kinematic models
- Dynamic models (crack-like vs. pulse-like)
- Test with real earthquake data
- Level of complexity in model (incrsease with each test?)
Misfits for source model & synthetics
Both in frequency & time-domain
Single-parameter & multi-parameter tests
- Could have a wiki so anyone could submit a misfit function (e.g. submit code that will calculate it for all models)
Web tools & Development
- What else does the website need?
- Model comparison tool (like what the Dynamic Code Validation Website has)
- Moving towards a CSEP-like testing center
Future meetings & workshops
- Spring 2010 meeting: in conjunction with SSA or web conference?
- current SCEC funding supports 1 workshop
- additional sources for travel/workshops/developer salary ?